We watched the sun set out our hotel window.
It was so nice and quiet in the room... not like the noisy streets below.
The sun faded away by 6:30 and then we enjoyed a quiet dinner for two... soft food only please.
Something is missing! A quick picture in the morning before we left for the dental office. I was so blessed... I had no pain. We had a great breakfast at the hotel buffet and then on to the dentist by taxi. The office was nice, the dentist was great and the work was very reasonsable... less than $60 for an hour of X-rays, evaluation and consultation, novacane, tissue removal, grinding, and repair. We enjoyed some of the sites of Manila on the way home and spent a quiet night in that big soft hotel bed.
The next day we went to the Manila temple for an endowment session. It was a real treat to be able to attend the temple. If it hadn't been for my broken tooth we couldn't have gone to the temple because it is outside our mission boundries.
We had the priviledge of meeting our name-sake counter parts, Elder and Sister Lindsay 'the temple workers'. They are from Utah and will be returning to their family soon, after serving at the temple for two years. We heard great things about them from all the members here in our mission when they retruned from a temple trip. We just happened to talk with them as we were leaving and they were reporting to the temple for their work shift. We got one of the returned missionaries (Sister Palma) from our mission, that we met there also, to take a picture of us together.
I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday
to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple. I'll go inside some day.
I'll cov'nant with my Father; I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth; A family is forever.
We were delivered again! ...to the busy downtown Manila hotel, to a good doctor and to the House of the Lord. What wonderful tender mercies we receive from the Lord. He always hears and answers our prayers.







No comments:
Post a Comment