- While Dad was speaking in youth conference, I noticed a three inch roach approaching him. I was concerned it would crawl up his leg so I casually walked over and stomped on it.
- Dad walked out of the mission office into the 95 degree heat and said "It's not too bad today."
- Without any problem Dad backed out of a street that we thought was a wide sidewalk when we first came here.
- I drank my usual 2 liters of water today.
- I taught a keyboard lesson. The sister I taught today is playing now in sacrament meeting. She also said she is beginning to teach keyboard to a young woman in the Branch who has been longing to learn. This is one of the goals of the Church's keyboard program.
- I told the people at the youth conference that the "marienda" was "masarap" (snack was delicious).
- I hand washed my shirt and dried it by hooking it to the front of the fan. I learned how to do this effectively from our "taglaba" (washing lady).
- I noticed the blossom end of the banana I was eating and knew exactly where it came from. I could look out the front window and see more on the tree.
- I talked to 100 people I didn't know and loved them all.
- We have spent 360 plus days without hitting a dog, goat, cow or person. We did hit a chicken, but a woman came right out and got it for dinner.
- We studied scriptures for two hours.
- We can find our way across and up and down our whole mission from Lingayan to Bayambang to Buang to Umingan. The Elders say Elder Lindsay has spiritual GPS. He is amazing.
- I handwashed the dishes, rinsed them in flitered water, dipped them in bleach bath and Dad dried them and put them away. It is a nice routine.
- We rejoiced in dear people who we serve and who serve us by loving us.
- We prayed together at least ten times and poured out our hearts in gratitude for the atonement of Jesus Christ, the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and kingdom of God on the earth, the great plan of salvation, the Book of Mormon and our testimonies.
- We love our dear family and friends more than we ever have before!
Mother and daughter keyboard students. I didn't think I could teach keyboard, but the Church's materials are wonderful and the Lord helped me.

It is amazing to be missionaries...
...in the beautiful Philippines.





Great to see you, Marlene. You and Jim look fantastic.
ReplyDeleteYour list made me laugh! You two are so amazing...you are blessing so many lives. I loved catching up on what is going on in your mission, so thanks for posting. We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteMakes my heart full! What a wonderful work you are doing. We love you.
ReplyDeleteYou inspire all of us Mom and Dad! It makes all of us want to get out and do the work! We love you so much! -Steve
ReplyDelete