Last night I was sitting on the bed, reading my scriptures and rejoicing in the cool breeze from the fan. Then I heard a sound that made my heart almost stop. I’d never heard it before and I could tell it came from something living and it was in the room with me. There is only enough room in our bedroom for the bed, chest and us—certainly no other living thing.
When Dad came in I told him something was chirping in our room and it was loud. Dad said it was probably a cricket and sure enough, he found one and took care of it. I felt relieved and we turned out the lights and started to drift off to sleep. Then it came again...
Click to listen to the gecko sound.
That was no cricket. It was something at least two feet long, I was sure. Dad got up and looked all over the room while I hid under the covers. It was hot but safe under there—unless it was in the bed!
Dad said nothing was in the room, but I didn’t believe it. It was only prayer that got me to sleep. No more noises though.
This morning I looked on the internet and found out it was our live-in geckos! I wish they would just stick to eating mosquitoes. They have been falling down on the job as far as I am concerned. But apparently, they like beach music, so maybe…
Join in if you remember the words and can sing like a gecko!
No comments:
Post a Comment