Sunday, June 12, 2011

Off to Meetings

June 11, 2011
I had a priesthood leadership training meeting in a town 30 minutes away, so Sister Lindsay stayed home and did things around the house in the morning and went to two baptisms in the afternoon. Since I had the car the elders stopped by the house and set her up in a trike for a quick ride to the chapel for the baptisms. You may think Mormon Standard Time (MST) is slow, but Philippine MST is even slower. The 2:00 baptism didn't start until 3:00, so I was able to get back from my meetings and be there for the two baptism services  at 3;00 and the other one at 4:00. We had 5 that were baptized today. 

Mom and her first trike ride... 10 pesos pakiusap (please).

After the last baptism the branch members posed for a picture before they all got into the truck to go home.

Squeeze.... and they all just fit.

This the next day. I took a picture of the parking lot at a chapel. These are member vehicles. One of the trikes is named, Liahona (as well as one of the girls). You can see there are no cars in the lot except our little Toyota, Corolla that I am standing in front of to take this picture. I opted to park in the shade of a big ficus tree. There are some motorcycles closer to the building and out on the street there are more trikes and jeeps waiting to give rides.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were kidding about everyone getting in the truck to go home... until I saw the next picture! Wow! (looks like fun!)

    ReplyDelete